Sunday, March 11, 2012

Midges Are Hatching, But............

It's almost all spring here in Paradise Valley. With this mild weather and just around the end of seasonal jobs, I floated our lovely Yellowstone River with my guide friend for the first time in 2012. 'Stone is lovely and challenging as always. We all wonder how the run-off is going to be this year and how the river would look like after that.............

We saw lots of midges in the air and water. Look at these pictures............



How about pictures of trout? I would post tomorrow (if I get lucky!).
We experienced 40MPH of gusts all day and you've got a picture how fishing and floating would have looked like........

I'll do better tomorrow by any means!!

2 comments:

  1. Interesting with all that trout food in the form of midges. I hope you're up to compete with the original. Awaiting the result of your fishing.

    Have fun out there,
    Mats Olsson

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahaa.........Yesterday over 40MPH (over 60KmH) winds knocked over rising trout (yet we saw a few). Today under the same condition, we didn't even see midge scams like that. Not to mention, fishing was blown away. We could barely stand and keep the boat straight. We learned to listen to weather forecast. Hopefully I can post my "competition" with midges and spring baetis on a calm days.....

    ReplyDelete