Well, today I got a call from my guide friend "let's go". So here we were on the Yellowstone River at HWY89 Bridge.
Cloudy overcast day with not much wind. Fishing was in a slower side. Streamer bites were not as good as expected. We found a "LONESOME DUCK". Usually we see eagles or hawks are sitting like this but never seen a duck like this.
We started to see "pods" of rising trout in the afternoon. March Brown, Baetis, and midges were on the water. They seemed to prefer large bugs. Purple Haze was a great choice.
Nice size rainbow on a dry-fly!!
We expect Mother's Day Caddis this weekend!! To be continued.
- Official Website
- Blog Home
- About Satoshi - Profile
- 2017 Guide Service
- 2017 Montana Spring Hatch Tour
- SW Montana Fishing Calendar
- Waters I Guide & Fish
- Guiding & Fishing on Livingston's Spring Creeks
- Trout Food Sources - Livingston's Spring Creeks
- Official Fly Shop of My Original Flies
- Fly Tying Instruction Videos
- COYOTE Featured In
- Online Articles