Sunday, May 6, 2012

Mother's Day Caddis Report - 6 (Last?)

It was a bit colder than yesterday and fishing was slower though water condition seemed to remain the same. We encountered only one pod of hatching bugs and rising trout, which lasted 10 minutes or so. However, it was fun to get out with my friends and I knew how to salvage the day.
Bead, Hare, Copper (from Parks Fly Shop; click on Custom Flies).  I am developing a religious faith in this fly.

Nice rainbow came into the net after striking on BHC and running hard!

Tomorrow, I strongly guess river condition stays the same. I don't have a floating engagement with my friends. I don't know but I may get out for a few hours wade-fishing. Maybe. Then I bet, on Tuesday, Yellowstone River will blow for next several weeks....... So I might hit the very last dry-fly chance tomorrow. Somehow I'm indecisive tonight........

No comments:

Post a Comment