Today I had a half-day trip with father & son. We fished Gardner River. We saw a few rising trout for Salmonflies. However, considering weather and water temp, nymphing was way to go. I introduced them Western Nymphing. Paxton got some idea!
Toward the end of the day, we encountered a pod of rising trout! I saw one big Drake on my wader but actually they were rising on gray-ish PMDs. Now Paxton experienced some dry-fly fishing and made it work!! A nice rainbow came up to the surface and smashed on his presentation!
Introducing the beauty of Yellowstone National Park & diversity of fly-fishing to visiting anglers is my mission as a guide. I'm quite honored that I could do so with a future fly-fisherman!
- Official Website
- Blog Home
- About Satoshi - Profile
- 2017 Guide Service
- 2017 Montana Spring Hatch Tour
- SW Montana Fishing Calendar
- Waters I Guide & Fish
- Guiding & Fishing on Livingston's Spring Creeks
- Trout Food Sources - Livingston's Spring Creeks
- Official Fly Shop of My Original Flies
- Fly Tying Instruction Videos
- COYOTE Featured In
- Online Articles