I had a great floating day today. Temp staying around 80s, sunny days, and no winds. Gangs of boats have started to occupy every boat access along Paradise Valley!! Well, last year this scene didn't happen till middle of August.........(short & sad summer). That's the transitional sign of from early summer to real summer around here. But also we started to see more "summer bugs" along the river. They are small stoneflies (like Yellow Sally) and a couple of different kinds of caddis, and trout have started to look up mayfly imitations too.
"Point of Rocks" is always good point!!
Found a shade for a break.......
Today I also found out most likely I'm not needing my wader for the next couple of months!! That's the surest sign of summer!
- Official Website
- Blog Home
- About Satoshi - Profile
- 2017 Guide Service
- 2017 Montana Spring Hatch Tour
- SW Montana Fishing Calendar
- Waters I Guide & Fish
- Guiding & Fishing on Livingston's Spring Creeks
- Trout Food Sources - Livingston's Spring Creeks
- Official Fly Shop of My Original Flies
- Fly Tying Instruction Videos
- COYOTE Featured In
- Online Articles