Friday, November 30, 2012

End of November

November has passed so fast to me, compared to October. I got out fishing ONLY 14 DAYS at DePuy's (www.depuyspringcreek.com). That sounds lazy to me. But I have to do civilian duty every now and then November days can be brutally windy too.

Yesterday and today, I ended up staying till after dark for no particular reasons. I'm observing spawning runs. Browns seems done? Rainbow coming? Hard to say...........

 This was really a nice 'Bow!
I still see a few big ones every now and then.........
These medium to small size rainbows are fighting very strong right now!!
 Just seems regular diet........

Today's hot fly was BHB (BigHorn-HotBead) Soft Hackle Ray Charles.

He was good enough.........

In the darkness of evening, just about to quit, I had a big tug. And it fought surprisingly strong!! I thought unless it would be a large rainbow, it would be a very fresh run-up brown!! My camera was almost malfunctioning in the dark.........
I thought this pic is coll in a way.......
 Show yourself........
 An evening poacher........
Indeed it was a very strong brown. I bet it was definitely a pre-spawner as it had no scars or cuts on skins and fins. It must have just entered the creek from Yellowstone River. So it seems late spawners are still coming in time to time. I'll keep you updated through December.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Satoshi!

    Wonderful trout! You're lucky to be able to fly fish this late in the year. Here is't been snowing for a while and it doesn't seem to stop. No fly fishing for some months here in Sweden. It's nice though to see pictures of nice trout so keep them coming.

    Greetings from a white Sweden,
    Mats Olsson

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mats,
      I could only imagine how cold Sweden is..... Livingston is colder side in US then definitely one of the most "windy" towns in the world! If one could beat/accommodate winds, one can go fishing any time of the year. I try to make it this afternoon. That will complete my mission = fish 12 months of the year.
      Thanks for comments, Satoshi

      Delete