Thursday, July 24, 2014

YNP Dawn Treader 2 - On The "Beaten" Path

Yesterday, I hit the trail within Yellowstone Park, leaving, again, my house way before dawn. It's a well-known "beaten" path and fishery so no descriptions needed.

"Cardiac Hill" for the first thing in the morning made me think otherwise........
..........reached........
 Reaching and fishing here weren't my objective but I wouldn't mind testing waters. OMG, a native Cutty first thing in the morning made my effort rewarding already......
I moved on to the destination.
According to the source, this water holds a distinctive strain of Yellowstone Cutty.......... After fruitless attempts and bushwacking, I got it!!
Here's a happy fisherman!!
I can't give any description but at a glance, I have noticed Cutty in this drainage DO have a vivid spot on their gills (both sides, almost symmetric), just like moles.

In the afternoon, I moved back to the stream. It was another Cutty Bonanza day!! My priginal patterns were gladly inhaled!!

 Hmmmmm.......
Last one!! Happy end!!

Here are yesterday's hot flies.
BeetAnt 
Combo Ant

Yes I enjoyed the day!!..............But here's a consequence. I had to walk back to my truck at the end of the day, after I had too much activities.............. My body is squeaking as of this typing........ Anyway, it was another great day in YNP and was worth being a "Dawn Treader"!!
Back to guiding!!

No comments:

Post a Comment