Sunday, August 10, 2014

Dry Fly Guide (+ Something Underneath Every Now & Then)

Once August rolled, things got wild & busy. We are having just about right & comfortable summer days and water remains high & cold. What is HOT, as it has been, is FISHING!!

I have conducted several float trips for Montana Troutfitters (http://montanatroutfitters.com) with great actions!! Of course I guide with dry-flies first and foremost - Yellowstone River
 But also, when situation calls for, I don't mind "going down".......
When I do so,
result can be.......

I kinda like the contrast of fish on the shirt and in the hand.......

Happy Birthday!! (August 6th). I accidentally backed into the boat trailer hitch as I was backing toward the dawn...........
Here's the happy birthday boy!! - Madison River 
 Fish on!!
 Best birthday present!!
Big Trout and happy client!!
Young angler claimed he snagged the bottom, rock, or log...........
In a way, it might be....... Some of the finest Madison 'Bow!!
Good Hopper afternoons!!
So here's the "Fly of The Post" = Golden Chubby Chernobyl.
This simple, bright, and non-specific attractor is gladly taken this summer. We believe trout see this as Hopper and Nocturnal Stonefly.

Come and see for yourself!! Experince some of the greatest summer fly-fishing in SW Montana!!

No comments:

Post a Comment