Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Yellowstone Synonymous = Dry-Fly & Cutthroat!!

We are still enjoying some of the best fishing of the year. Yes, it's not summer any more. Days are getting short and we need waders. I just had wonderful "match-the-hatch" & "dry-fly" fishing with great clients two days in a row. Pictures tell whole story.

9/17 Monday, Client and I walked through meadow of Lamar River. We saw a critter moving. It was a badger who wasn't afraid of our presence.

Then we encountered a great Green Drake hatch and rises of Yellowstone Cutty!!

Our best buck Cutty was hooked (by Vince) and netted (by me) by SUPER UP-CLOSE & PERSONAL SIGHT-FISHING!! It can't be better or more exciting than this!!


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
9/18 Tuesday, I had a float trip with two experienced anglers from Vermont on board. Wind was brutal and we felt the day on the river could be miserable. However our perseverance (& my "guide" pray!) paid off; right after we switched into dry-flies, wind started to die.    


One of many stomach samples I did......See what's inside........


Our BEST Cutty was caught by Janie during BWO (fall baetis) hatch!! Indeed we stopped my boat at right stretch at right time, BWO hatch kept going all along our bank!! We over-stayed!!

Toothy Colorful Beauty!!

We still have about two more months (at least for me) of prime fishing! and we are still busy guiding at Parks' Fly Shop. Come and fish with us in Glorious Montana Fall!!

No comments:

Post a Comment