Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Fall Color

Although my own fishing in Yellowstone Park and Montana waters goes on, my guide business is coming to end for the season. It's been a great summer with Parks' Fly Shop in Gardiner and clients who visited us. I will summarize a "season review" with a mix of both guiding and my own fishing later on.

So here in this post, I post up-to-date fishing reports as usual. I still see several anglers, especially on the boat, without waders but I am comfortable in my G4. I gladly welcome the fall. I myself haven't really been chasing "fall-run" brown trout yet. Just the other morning, I tried a few hours in "G" River before a PM guiding........... Handsome enough but not quite large to be defined as "runners".........?


What's in your mouth? It will show more as the fall goes by.........
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Forget sizes, I can't emphasize how gorgeous brookies can be colored up!!

 His belly was purely art....

Kyped & blackened well in his own right........

And look at this mastery color & art!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
One of my recent stomach sample from a rainbow in Yellowstone River.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MIDGES & BWO (baetis) are hatching very well and trout are rising from noon to 3pm (if you are lucky and if you know what you are doing!!) in certain spots & stretches of Yellowstone River.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Right now I'm at the point that "I'd better take off from fishing.......". Let me stretch & restore my body after guiding and non-stop fishing from January. I love to fish in October but also October is the longest month of the year for me (it's a life-long story other than fishing....). So I know October won't be gone quickly. I would take a break with or without fishing in the first week or two of the month. Then I DO focus on very late fall fishing as always............which goes on till November!!

We'll still see at the river. If not, wait till my next post!!

No comments:

Post a Comment