Sunday, December 9, 2012

Along with Snow - Midge Hatch & Dry-fly Actions!!

Cold.........I finally say so. We have had a certain amount of snow here in Paradise Valley over the weekend. But wind was calm to none.............I felt responsible to report what might be happening at DePuy's (www.depuyspringcreek.com). I also felt deranged, if not sadistic to myself, but I had to go...... Just as I predicted, MIDGE hatch was ON & trout were RISING!!
Any trout could be the last one caught on dry-flies for the year so I tried to make a "V" sign...........
 bit larger!
 So I pumped..........Look what they were eating!!

 Next one was larger!! Of course on a dry-fly
 He was containing more!!!!

 Then last........Happy & proud fish!! Nice brown!!
These were hot flies.
Goose Biot Midge (+ CDC wing)
Foam Emerger Type-1
Foam Emerger Type 2


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Today made 30th DAYS with Winter Pass!! That means I'm visiting DePuy's just about every other day for past two months!!!
 Air temperature was lower though wind was calmer............
 Midges again..........
 Trout rose........
But somehow I couldn't get them.......I had several hook-ups but all gone. Two of them could have been really large.........
Hatch ended just at 4PM. In other words, hatch lasted and trout rose from 1 to 4PM!! What a wonderful winter day!!
Before it gets too cold and too dark, I gave one more shot to make my day....... My dry-flies were failed but I have assortments of larva or pupa! My own L.L. Beads - size 20 fixed the day!

 OK brown.......
 Egg and midges, it's not peppered sunny-side eggs........
 Last of the day.........strong rainbow.........
Again it's cold but at least we are having a little break from winds. Then midge hatch & trout rise make winter-days HOT & exciting!!
Hopefully I can report more midge dry-fly fishing through this winter!!

No comments:

Post a Comment