Sunday, November 10, 2013

Week 4 Report

NEWS: As some of you might have already noticed, I resumed my Winter Fly Shop and YouTube video posting. You can find my videos on the side bar, which shows the latest updates. I have updated my fly catalog a lot: http://leftytyer.blogspot.com. I have accumulated substantial amounts of my own patterns so I deleted most of general and someone's patterns. I still like those patterns and tie them but this is my fly-shop to show my patterns. And I believe my patterns make my shop unique. So check out my catalog and ask me any questions.

I have also started working on my writing. I just submitted the summary of this fall's baetis hatch at DePuy's Spring Creek to Fly Anglers OnLine (www.flyanglersonline.com). That will appear soon. Starting with that, I will be working on next series of columns for next year. Anyway, there are bunch of informative articles there, so bookmark it and keep checking their updates!!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For those reasons above, I have started to visit DePuy's (www.depuyspringcreek.com) slightly less and stay shorter than past three weeks. Yet I have fished the creek 4 different days so I guess I'm still qualified to make a weekly report.

Baetis is still hanging in there. Here's another coloration for this fall........... Another species? What are vivid eyes of yours?? Do I need to mimic for my flies or what?

I've been trying to fish till the hatch is rally gone for the season. I will never forget this fall's lesson & experience.

FA Nymph!! (in catalog now!!)
No wonder it works!!

I finally conquered this fall's "techiest" spot with "pickiest" trout!! There will be a detailed writing in an article that I submitted to FAOL!!

See.........this is what I'm talking about.......... This and one above must be in totally different Genus, don't you agree?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I just got back from the creek. I don't know when would be the last hatch & the last dry-fly action for the year so I fished very hard while it lasted.
Small but feisty!!
 Not bad for the last one, if this would be the one..........

As it was on my Improved Pheasant Puff (PP2)!! - updated on catalog also!!

If you observe carefully, you should be able to tell that stomach contents are changing.......
Something other than mayfly duns/nymphs are getting more common....... This will tell us the season.......
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Fall-Run browns still continue!! Now he is the No. 1 candidate for the KING to match the QUEEN!! 23-incher!!
Fine fish!!
 What are you looking at!?
Last several days, I have noticed my right forearm has been sore. I thought about the cause. Being Lefty, I net my catch with my right arm........Ahhhhhh...... I must have developed "net-a-rthritis". It's caused by scooping 20+ inch & 4+ pound trout frequently!!

Anyway he was another fine catch!! 22" Dandy!!
What are you looking at!!??

Here's another one with my new egg....... Hint: it's already in my YouTube library.

So Baetis hatch may end soon but I will still pursue BIG fall-runners for the rest of month!!
To be continued.

No comments:

Post a Comment