Friday, October 22, 2021

Wrapping Up

Well, it's about time. This is the final update here. 

Recent years, it has been very time consuming for me to update on this blog. Social media, Facebook and Instagram, have been far more popular than blog formats and much easier and faster to update. And I understand that what majority of people expect, including myself. Also in my case, I want to keep my website: www.leftyanglerandflies.com up to date. Besides, this website is powerful enough to integrate everything from business information, fishing report, social media, to photo galleries. In fact I have just transferred all the important contents to my website. 

I also admit that my point of view have changed in the recent several years. Fishing and fly dressing have become more personal and intimate, hence I see that the fishing during the guide trips are clients' own personal fishing experience. Yes, I'm still using social media yet it's been brief and less often. I can't remember the last time I did selfie with trout (the most recently I caught a huge carp on the Bighorn, that definitely had to be selfie!!). 

Another reason would be that I've been getting more engagements in other platforms, which are getting popular on their own, than on this blog. There had been many readers, who even became my fishing clients, through these blogs both in English and Japanese. So this blog has served for me and now time for me to move on. 

I do not close down, per se. I'll leave it as it has been but no more updates. 

Thank you for your readership over the years. See you on other media or on the river!

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to see the blog go, but at least I know where to find you. Thanks for all of the time you put into this over the years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate to read you are ending your blog. I just found your blog a few months ago and really enjoyed all the posts I had read. I will save you website and will order some streamers soon.

    ReplyDelete