Monday, August 15, 2011

How to Catch a Tiny Brookie on Hopper.....

This afternoon, I felt a quick surge to go fishing so I went to Gardner with my Park Pass. Several fishermen were already stepping in that short section and I was afraid of thunder-storm. But I was basically fishing for my own observation and experiments and the evening turned out good so I enjoyed the quick get-out.

As I set the hook for my dry-flies (hopper + attractor), it was a tiny brookie foul-hooked on its back...... Just lovely enough for me.....

Later on I caught a rainbow on its mouth but I actually didn't see the sight of it.............


Gardner is such a fun river for all you expect. Either catching lots of trout on dry-flies (regardless of the size), some pocket water nymphing, or even streamer fishing in the fall, Gardner is there for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment