Friday, October 10, 2014

Fall Deepens & New Camera

October is rolling just fine & steady so far. As I usually mention this time of year, "October is the Looongest month of the year" for me. And it historically seems lots of things can happen each year. Say, last year, I had a bad cold all through the month........yet I fished & guided all through. Also some of readers might recall "THE ONE" (no link needed). So far it's been quiet this year. Nothing wrong with that...... Let me see what's gonna happen in this October.

Right after the "Dawn Treader", I took two clients to Firehole. Fishing was excellent with aforementioned hatches. Here's a typical shot, regarding why Firehole is called "strangest river on the earth". We were fishing for afternoon baetis hatch in a pretty much spring-creek situation, surrounded by wildlife (buffalo), steams of geysers, and sightseers...........
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Some projects at DePuy's Spring Creek............hopefully more to come eventually.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Then the last but not the least, I have just made relatively a big decision/investment for my work and life. Remember this picture from summer of 2011? It was new at that time..........
That was still in early July so this camera = TG-310 = has gone & worked through 4 abusive fishing seasons of mine!! This time I haven't broken or dropped in the river but I have had to notice it's getting tired & worn recently......... I'm not going to throw it away. It can still be ready any time!! even diving into the river with trout!!

So here comes the new comrade. It's TG-850 (click).  Over all performance is much higher and sophisticated than the predecessor. Honestly my biggest attraction was.................well, Flipping LCD Screen for my solo fishing scenes!! Guess what I did? I just set a mirror in front of it.
 Now, with the new editing software, I flipped the entire picture. Pardon my cozy (if not messy) tying bench.....
Of course it inherited the "Bobber-Floating Strap"!!!
I gotta learn many more useful and beautiful features of this new gizmo!! Especially before Winter Pass starts at DePuy's (www.depuyspringcreek.com) on October 15th!!!
Like or dislike, expect sophisticated "selfies" from now on............

2 comments:

  1. Hey Satoshi, thanks for sharing your wisdom on this blog. I just caught my first two spring creek trout today using your patterns. It was a great October day. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Doug, good to hear you had some fun at the creek! And thanks for the review on my fly patterns!

      Delete