Thursday, January 24, 2013

40 & 41

It's been a mix of things all through this month. I seemed to have worked on one by one. For example, I have submitted a series of columns to Fly Anglers OnLine (www.flyanglersonline.com). From next Monday update, my article will be posted every other week. Anyways, though I went fishing to DePuy's (www.depuyspringcreek.com), I had to do some photo-sessions rather than catching and enjoying....... Then, it's time to get ready for this year's guiding!! That sort......

I finally went back to "full-time fishing" yesterday!! That made 40TH visit with Winter Pass. It will definitely be a record-breaking by the end of Pass!!
But yesterday and today's first couple of hours had been like this........... I did hook some and luckily netted a few, but trout were too feisty to sit tight for pictures or stomach-pump! This was snapped (out of consciousness) as I tried to grab him back........

Today, 41st visit, I finally managed to take some appropriate pictures.

Also, let me report to you that trout have changed their habitats and feeding habits. It's not browns' spawning time any more. Early rainbows' spawning seems done also. I had to figure out spots and flies.

Here you go!! This is what I found!

Right, midge larvae seem main-dish........

 though I found these also......


I also figured out "winter habitats" one by one......... Good one!!

 But..........it was infested like this on the belly!!

 Hope she will get over and gain some weight soon.......

This is the little larva that worked until gap-opened. One of my clients from last summer, Mark from NJ, sent me his flies.

I hope I can report the first dry-fly fishing of the year very soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment