Saturday, November 6, 2010

Last Day of the Park: AM - Slow

Another day trip to Yellowstone National Park from Livingston. Sunday 7th is the last day of the official calender but for the Park pass I bought on last Sunday, today was the last day. Now living in Montana, I have to figure out what will be the feasible way to fish in the Park.

It was a bright sunny day. I woke up early and left my house at 6am. But by the time I got into the Park at 8am, there were too many people in each pullouts. I parked at the top of Madison Junction and started to fish Gibbon River. Whitefish gorged my streamer.



I switched into a nymph rig and caught a little brown............


As walking along the bank, I read the water carefully. I saw a sequence of unique drop off that would be a resting spot for run-up trout. I chucked my nymph rig, my bobber sank, and I set the hook. I saw a really big shadow and then gone............ typical Madison River Syndrome....

I found an open spot as I was visiting town but nothing happened. This is like as I experienced in 2008. Warm weather drew too many people and less trout. Last year, 2009, it was opposite. Less people and more trout due to cold weather.

Well I wasn't sure what I was gonna do when I finished my lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment