Saturday, February 26, 2011

Golden Pheasant Head

I'm a pheasant skin mania influenced by Jack Gartside. Just recently, in order to fill a fly tying order for my friend, I bought a golden pheasant head. I am very attached to it immediately. It broadens my soft-hackle idea.

Actually the very reason I had bought this material is to tie Royal Coachman Wet. This neck feathers are truly natural beauty.

Then I couldn't pass by the crest feathers. They have nice flash and are stiff enough and curved perfectly to make nice tails for soft-hackles. And I was glad to see when I found out that I'm not the only one who sees that way. Royal Coachman Wet above can be adapted into a steelhead version by these lovely fibers.

With the same idea, I also developed my own "Coyote" into a steelhead version.

I'm really excited what I will come up more with this lovely materials. And they will be added to my sales blog every now and then.

No comments:

Post a Comment